* Hooligans will have live music by AK Free Fuel Friday and Saturday nights starting at 9 p.m.
* Eve 6, Lit, Pilot Touhill and Static Cycle will play a show at the Soldotna Sports Center Parking lot at 5 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $35.
* Artists Without Borders Exhibit has their monthly exhibit at the 4D Interior building in Soldotna
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center has an exhibit by Elizabeth Sage, Theresa Napolitano and Zirrus VanDevere throughout July
* The Dragonfly Gallery in Soldotna will have local artist Melinda Hershberger's first solo watercolor exhibit on display throughout July
There will be a Watercolor Paint Together Saturday from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. Anyone interested in joining the Kenai Fine Arts Center Adult Watercolor Group for some social water coloring is invited to attend. Bring your watercolor paraphernalia along, and a snack to share if you like. Call 283-7040 for information.
* Life Drawing Sessions will be held at the Kenai Fine Arts Center on July 22 and 29, August 12 and 26. $5 fee per person, 18 years and above. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Call Charlotte at 252-4829 or Will 252-7303.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will hold a summer interpretive film series this week about the "Sacred Space, Sacred Time" exhibit, dog sledding, Bush pilots and Alaska natural history daily at 10 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. through Saturday. Admission is $5 adults, $3 for seniors and free for students. Call 283-1991 for more information.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has music by Thumper's Credo tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. and music by Carribbean Slim Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai will have live music Saturday by Mike Morgan, who plays acoustic pop classics, folk, blues and Hawaiian slack key from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Shannon Bren Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road will have an open jam session on Friday starting at 8 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. The band AK Free Fuel will have shows for their CD release party at Hooligans on Friday and Saturday at 9 p.m.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer from 8 to 11 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host local musicians from 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has live music by Robb Justice from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursdays for local's night and Bob Ramponi plays every Friday and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* The Old Believers, a popular Portland-based band originally from Kenai, will tour the Peninsula July 14 to July 17, with a concert the Ninilchik Fair Grounds at 6:00 p.m. July 16 and at the Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna at 8:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance for $15 at Triumvirate Theatre Bookstore in the Peninsula Center Mall.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.