* Artists Without Borders group show, "Color Me Blue" is on display upstairs in the 4D Building on the corner of Marydale and the Spur Highway in Soldotna.
* Kaladi Brothers Coffee Artists of the Month for its Kobuk store is Joe Kashi.; and the artist of the month for its Sterling Highway store is Elaine Howell.
* The Kenai Fine Art Center's July exhibit is "Clay Exhibition", a forum for displaying pottery creations done by local artists. The center is open Monday through Saturday from noon to 6 p.m.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and Steak Night and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* BJ's in Soldotna will host Alaska's balladeer Hobo Jim on Friday and Saturday and July 31; and Aug. 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna will host Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
* The Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai, in conjunction with Mike Morgan will host Wednesday nights Acoustic Song Circle and Jam Session from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Kenai Joe's will host live music with Ten Cent Zen Fridays and Saturdays through Aug. 15.
* Sockeye's at Kenai Landing will host Mike Morgan playing acoustic classics, blues, folk and Hawaiian music from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, 11471 Kenai Spur Highway, will host the following events: Janice Chumley of the Cooperative Extension Service will give a presentation on the invasive insect monitoring program, including show and tell at 1 p.m. today; and Saturday at 7 p.m. Aeronautics Engineer Ron Caswell will give a talk. Caswell's work with NASA has included many shuttle missions and his own enthusiasm for space has taken him around the world to see the launch of several international rockets.
Entrance is included in the price of admission to the museum, which is $5 for adults and free for children. For more information on center events, call Laura Forbes at 283-1991.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 10 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Tuesdays; and live music with Tuff E Nuff from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m. On Friday and Saturday Ninespine will play from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai will have live from Austin, Neil Darling and Paul Hays - Booth Feet from 6 to 8 p.m.; open mic night Fridays at 6:30 p.m.; and on Saturday Sue Biggs and jack Will, will provide live music at 6:30 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and show times.
* Ivy's rock concert fundraiser will be held from 8 p.m. to midnight Aug. 7, at the Triumvirate Theater in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. The concert will feature Uglyfish, Casualties To The Cause, Juicy Lucy and The Pebble Mind among others. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Advance tickets available at Veronica's Coffee House in Kenai and the Triumvirate Theater/Book Store in Soldotna. For more information visit http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=100729459418&mid=c4919dG2dd1a218G21ab1daG7.
Howland is daughter, of John and Danette Howland and sister, of Max Howland, Keeley and Devin Boyle. She has been in Seattle Children's Hospital for many months of examinations and treatment.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is located at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to 283-3299 or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.