* The Boys and Girls Club in Kenai presents The Wildest Magic In Alaska with Magic Guy Don. The show will be held at the club at 6:30 p.m. today. Community members are invited; however youth must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets are on sale at the Kenai Boys & Girls Club and at the door. Admission is $5 per person, and youth ages 4 years old and younger are free with an accompanied adult.
* Artists Without Borders group show, "Color Me Blue" is on display upstairs in the 4D Building on the corner of Marydale and the Spur Highway in Soldotna.
* Kaladi Brothers Coffee Artist of the Month for its Kobuk store is Joe Kashi; and the Artist of the Month for its Sterling Highway store is Elaine Howell.
* The Kenai Fine Art Center's July exhibit is "Clay Exhibition," a forum for displaying pottery creations done by local artists. The center is open Monday through Saturday from noon to 6 p.m.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, at 11471 Kenai Spur Highway will host the following events: Today at 11 a.m. Ethel McMilin, author of seven books including "A Cheechako's View of Alaska," and "Mariah's Alaskan Heritage," will be at the center for a booksigning and at noon The Madison String Quartet, based out of the New York Metropolitan area, will give a lunchtime concert as part of the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra Summer Music Festival at the center; Monday at 1 p.m. local photographer Melody Gleichman will present "Capture This!" a workshop on digital photography basics as a part of the summer interpretive program at the center. The workshop will provide tips to help capture the moments of your vacation. The workshop will start with a round table discussion on composition and then the workshop will take a "field trip" through Old Town Kenai to apply knowledge.; Wednesday at 7 p.m. Local dance company, Peninsula Artists in Motion will give a summer concert at the center. Admission is free.; Aug. 6 at 1 p.m. -- Shane Lopez, a museum volunteer and researcher, will give a talk on some of the key points in the history of the fur trade in Alaska.; and Aug. 7 at noon the Woodwind quartet from Kenai Peninsula Orchestra will give a lunchtime concert as part of the orchestra's summer music festival at the center.
Unless otherwise noted a $4 donation for seniors and a $5 donation for adults is requested for admission to the center, which includes the talk. Children are free of charge. Call Laura Forbes at 283-1991 for more information.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and Steak Night and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* BJ's in Soldotna will host Alaska's balladeer Hobo Jim on Friday and Saturday and Aug. 7, 8, 14 and 15.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna will host Dave Unruh from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
* The Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai, in conjunction with Mike Morgan will host Wednesday nights Acoustic Song Circle and Jam Session from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Kenai Joe's will host live music with Ten Cent Zen Fridays and Saturdays through Aug. 15.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 9 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Tuesdays; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Wednesdays; and live music with Tuff E Nuff from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m. On Friday and Saturday Ninespine will play from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai will have open mic night Fridays at 6:30 p.m.; and Saturday Kelsey Shields and Derek Poppin and friends will provide live music at 6:30 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and show times.
* Ivy's rock concert fundraiser will be held from 8 p.m. to midnight Aug. 7 at the Triumvirate Theater in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna.
The concert will feature Uglyfish, Casualties To The Cause, Juicy Lucy and The Pebble Mind among others. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Advance tickets available at Veronica's Coffee House in Kenai and the Triumvirate Theater/Book Store in Soldotna.
For more information visit http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=100729459418&mid=c4919dG2dd1a218G21ab1daG7.
Howland is daughter, of John and Danette Howland and sister, of Max Howland, Keeley and Devin Boyle. She has been in Seattle Children's Hospital for many months of examinations and treatment.
* The Kenai Peninsula Orchestra will host a concert at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 8, with a pre-concert lecture at 6:45 p.m. at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School. The guest soloist will be Maria Allison. For more information visit www.kpoalaska.org or call 283-0781.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is located at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, f or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us