With hunting seasons approaching, hunters are reminded shooting is restricted within Kenai city limits.
· Discharging a shotgun is allowed along the Kenai River tidal flats area, but not within 100 yards of a residential or commercial structure or a road.
· Firearms may also be used within city limits north of the Kenai Spur Highway from a line in the vicinity of Beaver Creek west to Marathon Road.
· Hunters are reminded to respect private property rights.
· Bow hunters are allowed to hunt in any wooded area of the city, provided they obey private property restrictions and distance requirements, 100 yards from roads or structures.
· Maps delineating the above areas are available at Kenai City Hall at 210 Fidalgo Avenue.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us