* Kenai Fine Arts Center will have a reception for the Kenai Potter's Guild Exhibit from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight. There will also be a Food Bank supper soup bowls preview.
* Artist Without Borders will host an artists reception at the 4-D Interior Building in Soldotna from 5 to 7 p.m. tonight
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street has an artist reception for photographer Joe Kashi from 5 to 7 p.m.
* Funky Monkey in Kenai will have an artist reception for Celia H. Cash from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight
* Bluegrass Jam at the Christ Lutheran Church from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Art Works continues to exhibit the work of Alice Thaggard in August
* The Kenai Convention and Visitors Center will have a summer speaker series event with Gregory Weissenberg tonight at 7 p.m. He will discuss the origin and meaning of Russian place names in Alaska. Admission is $6 at the door, and proceeds will benefit Programs and Exhibits at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center and the Holy Assumption Restoration Project.
* The Kenai Convention and Visitors Center will have a presentation on wildlife photography by Jim Oltersdorf
Saturday at 1 p.m. Oltersdorf is an adventure photographer whose work has been featured on the Discovery Channel and other national media outlets.
Debbie Harris, Kenai Peninsula Borough School District art specialist, will give a workshop on making and swapping trading card-sized works of art, great for youth and adult artists and crafters, at 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. Call 283-7040 for information.
* The Kenai Convention and Visitors Center will hold a free reading and signing event for fisher-poet Pat Dixon Saturday at 7 p.m.
* The Kenai Convention and Visitors Center hosts a safe canning techniques for salmon and meats workshop with Linda Tannehill Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
* Life Drawing Sessions will be held at the Kenai Fine Arts Center today from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. $5 fee per person, 18 years and above. Call Charlotte at 252-4829 or Will 252-7303.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will hold a summer interpretive film series this week about the "Sacred Space, Sacred Time" exhibit, dog sledding, Bush pilots and Alaska natural history daily at 10 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. through Saturday. Admission is $5 adults, $3 for seniors and free for students. Call 283-1991 for more information.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday until Labor Day, or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* All students grade 7 through 12 are welcome to come to the Hawk Nelson concert in Anchorage August 13 and 14. The cost is $45 which includes transportation, concert ticket, dinner lodging and breakfast the following morning. Space is limited. Call Jeremy at 907-394-6449 to reserve a seat or get more details.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has music by Mike Morgan for First Thursday tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. and live music on Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai will have live music Saturday from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:00 p.m. and live music by Shannon Bren Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road will have music by Wishbone Creek Saturday starting at 9 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer from 8 to 11 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host local musicians from 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has live music by Bob Ramponi Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.