There have been some route changes this year so check the bus schedules carefully. Also, some routes will have been changed between the printing of this publication and the start of school.
For more information or questions, call the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District office at 714-8834.
· To ensure children don’t miss their scheduled pick-up time, they should be be at the stop 10 minutes before pick-up time. School buses run on ACS time.
· Remember we share our neighborhoods with moose and other wildlife. Take steps to ensure children are safe. Many parents opt to either walk or drive their children to the bus stop and wait there with them until the bus arrives.
· Make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather.
· Children waiting at a bus stop should have a working flashlight. The light makes them clearly visible to the bus driver and other motorist. Reflective tape on jackets, boots or backpacks also make them more visible.
· Make sure your child knows their bus number, the location of their stop and that they have a telephone number to contact for parents.
· If a hard snow occurs or the roads are icy, KSRM radio stations will be notified if the buses are running more than 10 minutes late. You will be informed if the bus is running late and when you can expect it to arrive. Welcome back to school!
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.