The school-by-school guide, found on pages 10 through 28, is printed as a resource to parents and students heading back to school this fall. It features profiles for every school in the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District, each of which includes:
1. The official name of the school.
2. A brief history of each school, as listed in the district's 2004-05 preliminary budget document.
3. Demographics of the schools' student populations, based on data provided by the school district.
4. Staffing allotments as listed in the district's 2004-05 preliminary document and teachers' combined average of years of experience with the district, based on staffing information available as of July 30.
5. Adequate yearly pro-gress results for the 2002-03 and 2003-04 school years. Data for 2003-04 was released in early August and is considered preliminary until double-checked by the district. The information is compiled by the district and state under the federal No Child Left Behind Act. AYP is based on assessment test scores from students in grades three through 10 and serves as an accountability measure for student achievement. For more information on AYP, see the related story on page 7.
6. Cocurricular activity information is based on staffing allotment from the district. Schools may have additional programs run by nonstipended staff or additional coaches paid for by booster clubs.
7. Registration times and dates for each school.
8. Bus routes serving the school, when available. Stop-by-stop bus routes for the central Kenai Peninsula are printed starting on page 28.
9. Class beginning and dismissal time, as provided by the district.
10. Contact information for lead staff and the school buildings.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.