* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce meets Tuesday at noon at Froso's. For more information, call 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce meets Wednesday at noon at the Kenai Merit Inn. For more information, call 283-7989.
* The Kenai and Soldotna chmabers will host a joint meeting at noon Wednesday at the Challenger Learning Center in Kenai. The scheduled speaker is Marilyn Crockett, executive director of the Alaska Oil and Gas Association.
The Small Business Development Center will host the following programs:
* "Typing and Keyboard Basics" -- Attendees in our QuickBooks 2009 Basics/Advanced must have skills in typing and keyboard basics so Alaska SBDC is partnering with New Frontier VOTECH. They will offer the $60, 4-night class in Suite 14, Red Diamond Center from 1 to 3 p.m. Class days will vary each week. Classes will be scheduled according to need.
* "So you Want to Start a Business?" -- If you want to put your business idea to work, Bryan Zak will give you the tools to begin your plans. First class will be Sept. 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Oct. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* "Building A Business Plan" -- You can learn methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate your successes and failures. Attend the AK SBDC seminar on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. in Suite 12 at the Red Diamond Center on K-Beach Road. The fee is $40. Registration and fee due by Sept. 7.
To register online go to http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com, click on Training Events, ccroll to Centers, select Kenai Peninsula. For more information, e-mail Bunny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-5629.
Submit business briefs to email@example.com.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us