The winner of the 54th Seward Silver Salmon Derby is Kevin Daniel of Soldotna with his 18.66-pound silver caught outside the bay on Friday. Daniel takes home the first-place prize of $10,000 for heaviest fish overall.
Earl Ray Weaver of Myerstown, Pa., has finished in second place, winning $5,000 for his 18.02-pound silver caught outside the bay on Monday with Kenai Riverbend Resort.
It has proved to be a lucrative Derby for the Daniels; Kim Daniel, wife of winner Kevin Daniel, has finished in eighth place with her 16.81-pound silver caught yesterday. The Daniels plan to have both fish mounted.
-- Seward Chamber of Commerce
Seward Silver Salmon Derby Top 10
1. 18.66 pounds, Kevin Daniel, Soldotna, caught outside the Bay.
2. 18.02 pounds, Earl Ray Weaver, Myerstown, PA., caught outside the Bay.
3. 17.63 pounds, Hallie McGinnis, Anchorage, caught in Day Harbor.
4. 17.27 pounds, Daniel Estell, Issaquah, WA, caught at Driftwood.
5. 17.06 pounds, Michael Dunn, North Pole, caught in Day Harbor.
5. 17.06 pounds, Martin Basta, Great Falls, MY caught at Fox Island
7. 16.86 pounds, Richard Winkleman, Anchorage, caught at the head of the bay.
8. 16.81 pounds, Kim Daniel, Soldotna, caught at the head of the bay.
9. 16.57 pounds, Constance Saunders, caught outside the bay with Puffin Charters.
10. 16.45 pounds, John Cusack, Eagle River, caught at Cape Resurrection.
1. 15.49 pounds, Matthew Thayer, Anchorage, caught at Day Harbor.
2. 15.38 pounds, Austin Diaz, Kenai, caught inside the Bay.
3. 14.97, Casey Main, Anchorage, caught south of Fox Island.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us