Current weather

  • Scattered clouds
  • 54°
    Scattered clouds

Two found dead in camp on Kobuk River

Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003

KOTZEBUE (AP) A couple was found dead Tuesday in a Kobuk River delta cabin, apparently from asphyxiation due to propane gas, Alaska State Troopers said.

Mason Junior, 67, of Kotzebue was found dead, along with his wife, Beulah Mason, 66, of Noorvik, troopers said. Mason was found in an easy chair and his wife was on the bed.

Troopers said there was a very strong odor of propane in the cabin. There was a propane stove there, but troopers don't know if that was the source of the gas.

There are no indications of foul play, and an autopsy is not planned, troopers said.



CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS