* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce meets Tuesday at noon at the Soldotna Sports Center. A forum for Soldotna's cadidates for the Borough Assembly is planned, as well as a discussion of borough proposition 2, which would establish a borough manager form of government. For more information, call 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce meets Wednesday at noon at the Kenai Merit Inn. A presentation from the Paralyzed Veterans of America is planned. For more information, call 283-7989.
Joanne Wainwright is now taking clients at her new clinic, Alaska Rolfing, located on Mackey Lake and National Road in Soldotna. Joanne became a Certified Rolfer in July of 2009 and completed her training at the Rolf Institute in Boulder, Colorado.
Services offered at her clinic include Rolfing Structural Integration, which is a type of bodywork achieving remarkable results by manipulating connective tissue or fascia. Erchonia Low level Laser Therapy is used as an adjunct to rolfing. She also offers CranioSacral Therapy sessions and EB-Pro Ionized Foot Bathes.
Additional information about her clinic and services can be found at www.alaskarolfing.com or by calling the clinic at 262-rolf (7653).
Joanne received her Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education at the University of Delaware and her Master of Science degree in Athletic Training at West Virginia University. She taught physical education and health and coached swimming at Skyview High School from 1990-2010 before retiring from KPBSD.
The Kenai Peninsula Association of Realtors had their Annual General Membership Meeting last Thursday at the Solid Rock Conference Center. At that meeting the association recognized our Realtor of the Year Dale Bagley. The association also gave a check to Hospice of the Central Peninsula from the proceeds of our May Fundraiser. The check was in the amount of $14,308.
The KPAR 2011 Board was also voted on: 2011 President - Les Crane, Crane and Associates; 2011 President Elect - Dave Keating, Freedom Realty; 2011 Secretary/Treasurer - Adeena Wilcox, Stenga Real Estate Group; 2011 Director at Large - Steve Stenga, Stenga Real Estate Group; 2011 Director at Large - Kelly Griebel, Freedom Realty; 2011 Director at Large - Dale Bagley, Redoubt Realty; 2011 Director at Large - Marty Radvansky, Soldotna Realty; 2011 Director at Large - Linda McLane, Ron Moore Company; 2011 Past President - Stacie Krause, Freedom Realty.
The Small Business Development Center will host the following programs:
* "Typing and Keyboard Basics" -- Attendees in our QuickBooks 2009 Basics/Advanced must have skills in typing and keyboard basics so Alaska SBDC is partnering with New Frontier VOTECH. They will offer the $60, 4-night class in Suite 14, Red Diamond Center from 1 to 3 p.m. Class days will vary each week. Classes will be scheduled according to need.
* "So you Want to Start a Business?" -- If you want to put your business idea to work, Bryan Zak will give you the tools to begin your plans. First class will be Sept. 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Oct. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* "Building A Business Plan" -- You can learn methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate your successes and failures. Attend the AK SBDC seminar on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. in Suite 12 at the Red Diamond Center on K-Beach Road. The fee is $40. Registration and fee due by Sept. 7.
To register online go to http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com, click on Training Events, scroll to Centers, select Kenai Peninsula. For more information, e-mail Bunny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-5629.
Submit business briefs to email@example.com.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us