* The Reverend Dr. Michael Oleska, a Russian Orthodox priest, scholar and author known for his work in communicating across cultures, will present "An International Approach" on the history of Russian Orthodoxy in Alaska and the world at 7 p.m. tonight at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, as part of the summer "Sacred Space, Sacred Time" exhibit. Admission is $6.
* Bowls made by the Kenai Potters Guild are on display at the Kenai Fine Arts Center prior to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank's 14th annual Soup Supper and Auction, held at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Kenai Central High School. Attendants of the supper get their own bowl to eat soup made from local restaurants. For more information, visit www.kpfoodbank.org. Tickets are $40.
* A community square dance will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Kenai Moose Lodge. For more information, call Theresa Lushby at (360) 790-1757.
* Kenai Fine Arts Center has ceramic work by the Kenai Potter's Guild on display throughout August.
* Artist Without Borders has its monthly exhibit at the 4-D Interior Building in Soldotna.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street has photographs by Joe Kashi on display for the month.
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has photography by Billy Rhoades on display through August.
* Funky Monkey in Kenai has nature photography by Judi Price during the month of August.
* Art Works continues to exhibit the work of Alice Thaggard in August.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will hold a summer interpretive film series this week about the "Sacred Space, Sacred Time" exhibit, dog sledding, Bush pilots and Alaska natural history daily at 10 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. through Saturday. Admission is $5 adults, $3 for seniors and free for students. Call 283-1991 for more information.
* Saturday markets are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center in Kenai and the bus turnaround by Soldotna Elementary School.
* The Soldotna Historical Museum, on Centennial Park Road off K-Beach Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sundays and closed Mondays.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Labor Day, or by appointment. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road off of the Sterling Highway. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has music by Curt Hahn tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. and live music by Nelson Kempf on Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Robb Justice and friends Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer from 8 to 11 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh on Friday nights and Bob Ramponi on Saturday nights.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.