* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will meet Tuesday at noon at the Soldotna Sports Center. A forum to discuss borough proposition 2, which would establish a borough manager form of government, is planned. For more information, call 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet Tuesday at noon at the Soldotna Sports Center for a joint meeting with the Soldotna chamber for a discussion of borough proposition 2, which would establish a borough manager form of government. For more information, call 283-7989.
The Small Business Development Center will host the following programs:
* "Typing and Keyboard Basics" -- Attendees in our QuickBooks 2009 Basics/Advanced must have skills in typing and keyboard basics so Alaska SBDC is partnering with New Frontier VOTECH. They will offer the $60, 4-night class in Suite 14, Red Diamond Center from 1 to 3 p.m. Class days will vary each week. Classes will be scheduled according to need.
* "So you Want to Start a Business?" -- If you want to put your business idea to work, Bryan Zak will give you the tools to begin your plans. First class will be Sept. 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Oct. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* "Building A Business Plan" -- You can learn methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate your successes and failures. Attend the AK SBDC seminar on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. in Suite 12 at the Red Diamond Center on K-Beach Road. The fee is $40. Registration and fee due by Tuesday.
To register online go to http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com, click on Training Events, scroll to Centers, select Kenai Peninsula. For more information, e-mail Bunny at email@example.com or call 260-5629.
Submit business briefs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.