Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon today at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1 at Mile 17.9 of the Kenai Spur Highway. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Tuesday at Froso’s in Soldotna. A presentation for the 2006 United Way Campaign will be given. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9814.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Wednesdays at Paradisos in Kenai. A presentation for the 2006 United Way Campaign will be given. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
Small business center host workshops
The Small Business Development Center will host the following workshops in Suite 12 in the Red Diamond Center:
· Building an Innovative Business Plan from 10 a.m. to noon today. The topics will be who will buy your product, how to write a business plan and developing financial projections. The cost is $15.
· Interactive Business Plans from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 28. Participants who took the first workshop may bring their business plans to discuss. The deadline to register is one day prior to each workshop.
· Government Grants and Contracting Opportunities for your business from noon to 2 p.m. Sept. 19 at Islands and Ocean Visitor Center in Homer. The topics will be registering in government databases, understanding “government speak,” locating and contracting opportunities and an overview of how to compete for grant funding. Preregistration is required.
· Ten step Approach to Government Contracting from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 20 at Kenai UAA Small Business Development Center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12. The topics will be cutting through government red tape, understanding the first steps businesses must take to sell and market to federal, state and local government agencies. There is no charge for the class. Preregistration is required.
· Developing a Logo or Brand at 2 p.m. Sept. 28 at the Aspen Hotel in Soldotna. The topics will be learning how to capture more market share and build a world-class business through branding and positioning. The cost is $15. Preregistration is required.
For more information on any of these classes or to preregister call, Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us