* A gubernational candidate forum will take place at a joint meeting of the Kenai and Soldotna Chambers of Commerce on September 14. The forum will take place from noon to 1 p.m. at the Soldotna Sports Center.
The Small Business Development Center will host the following programs:
* "Typing and Keyboard Basics" -- Attendees in our QuickBooks 2009 Basics/Advanced must have skills in typing and keyboard basics so Alaska SBDC is partnering with New Frontier VOTECH. They will offer the $60, 4-night class in Suite 14, Red Diamond Center from 1 to 3 p.m. Class days will vary each week. Classes will be scheduled according to need.
* "So you Want to Start a Business?" -- If you want to put your business idea to work, Bryan Zak will give you the tools to begin your plans. First class will be Sept. 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Oct. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* "Building A Business Plan" -- You can learn methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate your successes and failures. Attend the AK SBDC seminar on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. in Suite 12 at the Red Diamond Center on K-Beach Road. The fee is $40. Registration and fee due by Tuesday.
To register online go to http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com, click on Training Events, scroll to Centers, select Kenai Peninsula. For more information, e-mail Bunny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-5629.
* Alaska SBDC is hosting a free renewable energy workshop by Alaskan Wind Industries on Oct. 6 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
* Alaska SBDC offers a business book keeping seminar on Oct. 8 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The $50 registration fee is due by September 27. Please register at http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com.
* Alaska SBDC offers a tax accounting class on Oct. 8 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Online registration and fee are due by September 27. Please register at http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com.
* Alaska SBDC is holding a two day profit mastery course on Oct. 13 and 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. The registration deadline for the $395 seminar is September 29.
Cold Stone Creamery will host its ninth annual "World's Largest Ice Cream Social" fundraiser on September 30 between 5 and 8 p.m. Donations from the benefit will go towards the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Customers will receive a free three ounce serving of ice cream.
New Frontier Vo-Tech Center is accepting students for the National Certified Professional Medical Coding Class on September 20. Please call 262-9055 or visit Suite 14 of the Red Diamond Center.
Ashley Udelhoven was appointed project manager of Udelhoven Oilfield System Services in Nikiski. He held a similar position for the Homer Electric Association.
Submit business briefs to email@example.com.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us