The Small Business Development Center will host the following programs:
* "Typing and Keyboard Basics" -- Attendees in our QuickBooks 2009 Basics/Advanced must have skills in typing and keyboard basics so Alaska SBDC is partnering with New Frontier VOTECH. They will offer the $60, 4-night class in Suite 14, Red Diamond Center from 1 to 3 p.m. Class days will vary each week. Classes will be scheduled according to need.
* "So you Want to Start a Business?" -- If you want to put your business idea to work, Bryan Zak will give you the tools to begin your plans. First class will be Sept. 14 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Oct. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* Alaska SBDC is hosting a free renewable energy workshop by Alaskan Wind Industries on Oct. 6 from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
* Alaska SBDC offers a business book keeping seminar on Oct. 8 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The $50 registration fee is due by September 27. Please register at http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com.
* Alaska SBDC offers a tax accounting class on Oct. 8 from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Online registration and fee are due by September 27. Please register at http://aksbdc.ecenterdirect.com.
* Alaska SBDC is holding a two day profit mastery course on Oct. 13 and 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. The registration deadline for the $395 seminar is September 29.
Cold Stone Creamery will host its ninth annual "World's Largest Ice Cream Social" fundraiser on September 30 between 5 and 8 p.m. Donations from the benefit will go towards the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Customers will receive a free three ounce serving of ice cream.
Please Join Kenai Peninsula United Way Chair As We Kick-Off Our 2010 United Way Campaign "CLIMBING TO RECOVERY: A Community United" on Tuesday, September 21 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. at the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce Meeting at Froso's Restaurant in Soldotna and Wednesday, September 29 at 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. at the Kenai Chamber Meeting at The Merit Inn in Kenai.
New Frontier Vo-Tech Center is accepting students for the National Certified Professional Medical Coding Class on September 20. Please call 262-9055 or visit Suite 14 of the Red Diamond Center.
The City of Kenai will be recognizing Scott Hammon, Jacob Carlson and Jacob Pass for their contribution to the enhancement of the Scenic Bluff Overlook at a Picnic and Barbeque to be held Monday, September 20, 12:00 p.m. (noon)at the Scenic Bluff Overlook (located behind Louie's, near Kenai Senior Center), Kenai. Event is open to the public.
Cook Inlet Energy Chief Executive Officer David Hall will speak at Paradisos on Tuesday Sept. 21. The cost is $15 to attend the luncheon held by The Allaince.
Please join us for the Wage & Hour Seminar and AK OSHA Seminar on September 24, 2010 at the Peninsula Job Center.
The Wage & Hour Seminar presented by Joe Dunham is from 9 am - 12 pm and will include topics such as: minimum wage and overtime, child labor laws, salary-exempt employees, lawful and unlawful payroll deductions, return transportation, flexible work plans, travel time and on-call time, record keeping, final paycheck.
The AK OSHA Seminar presented by Jeff Kolean is from 1 pm -3pm and will include topics such as OSHA recordkeeping requirements and update employers on new regulations. Seating is limited to 30 people. Please call Jackie Garcia @ 283-2930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
GCI gave scholarships to five Peninsula business owners so they could attend the 2010 Alaska Travel Industry Association Convention and Trade Show. John Baker, owner of Afishunt Charters, Juxia Scarpitta, owner of Alaska Private Lodgings, Natasha Ala, executive director of the Kenai Convention and Visitors Bureau, Paul Dauphinais, executive director of the Homer Chamber of Commerce, Pat Melone, co-owner of the Spyglass Inn Bed and Breakfast received scholarships.
GCI now offers an Xtreme XL Power Internet Package that features 22 megabit per second download speeds. GCI said that the high-speed Internet access was previously available only to commercial customers, but is now available to residential users thanks to its broadband network upgrades. For information, visit www.gci.com.
Submit business briefs to email@example.com.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.