* KDLL's 11th annual Oktoberfest will be held Saturday at the Soldotna Elks Lodge. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 and available at the lodge.
* The Kenai River Folk Dancers will hold a contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School, with live music by the ContraBanD. Beginners are welcome. The cost is $5 for adults and free for kids under 16 when accompanied by an adult. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Call Raymond at 283-5403.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center has its pieces for the Harvest Art Auction fundraiser on display in September
* Artist Without Borders has its monthly exhibit at the 4-D Interior Building in Soldotna
* Art Works in Soldotna will have an exhibit by photographer Joe Kashi in September
* The Funky Monkey will have art by Celia H. Cash on display throughout the month
* The Kenai Writers Group meets at 6:30 p.m. today at the Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai. It is free and open to the public. Bring extra copies of your work to share.
* Kenai Yoga will hold a meditation for stress release class from 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at its studio in the Blazy Mall in Soldotna. It is free with donations accepted. For more information, contact Ann at (239) 682-4575 or email@example.com.
* The Peninsula chapter of the Goldwing Road Riders Association is holding a ride and poker run Sunday to raise funds for our annual participation in the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program. Call 394-8455 for more information.
* Saturday markets are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center in Kenai and the bus turnaround by Soldotna Elementary School.
* The Soldotna Historical Museum, on Centennial Park Road off K-Beach Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sundays and closed Mondays.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Labor Day, or by appointment. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road off of the Sterling Highway. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has music tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Robb Justice at 6:30 p.m. Saturday
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer from 8 to 11 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.