Residence: 14360 Kenai Spur Highway
Mail address: P.O. Box 3076 Kenai, AK 99611
Contacts: 283-5722, wiz email@example.com
Years in Kenai: 28
Family: Wife, Marilyn, eight children, 21 grandchildren
Education: High school graduate, some college
Previous elected office: Kenai Planning and Zoning Commission (1982-88, 2001-02), Kenai City Council (2003)
Organizations: President of Pioneers of Alaska, Kenai Elks, vice president of Peninsula Oilers Baseball
1. Are there changes or improvements that should be made to how the July dip net fishery is managed? What do you think the city should do with increased revenues from this fishery?
The changes need to be made on the State level. The beaches should be opened from Homer to Nikiski for personal use fishery. That will help everyone and keep the thousand's of people from crowding in at the mouth of the river. The extra revenues could be used in the Water and Sewer Department to help keep the cost of Water and Sewer Service down.
2. Should the city be considering areas for annexation? If so, which areas? If not, why not?
No. The City is big enough and the services would be spread thinner, there would be a need for more police and fire protection which would increase the budget.
3. Should the city amend its zoning laws to allow for businesses such as gift or coffee shops to operate in educational zones? Why or why not?
No. I don't see any need for a gift or coffee shop in an education zone.
4. Do you feel the city should go forward with the sale of city-owned wetlands to the Conservation Fund? If so, what benefits will this have for the city? If not, why do you feel the land sale should not proceed?
5. How can the city maximize the impact of the Kenai airport on the city's economy?
The City needs to make more land available for development of airport needs at a reasonable cost. There needs to be access to the other side of the airport so it can also be developed.
6. If elected, in what ways do you feel you can make a positive impact on the daily lives of Kenai residents?
If elected I will always be available to listen to the needs of the citizens of Kenai and give them proper representation. I am pro business and would work with the administration to look for ways to get more business to locate within the City.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us