Residence: 119 Shady Lane, Soldotna, Alaska 99669-0718
Mail address: Same
Contacts: 260-6413, home; 262-9107, city hall; email@example.com
Years in Soldotna: 44
Family: Sister, Vicky Leach; brother, Michael Carey
Occupation: Retired educator
Education: Bachelor of science degree and master of education degree from Gonzaga University
Previous elected office: Borough assembly (1982 -89), Soldotna City Council (1999-2001), Soldotna mayor (2001-present)
Organizations: Elks, HEA board of Directors
1. What concerns do you have about building a city cemetery on West Redoubt Avenue?
I believe Soldotna should have a cemetery which is well groomed and supervised. The West Redoubt location was identified as the best location by a city Task Force and I support examining that site.
2. What benefits will the city gain from annexing properties?
I do not support annexing any addition location without a vote by the people of Soldotna.
3. If federal grant funds are not made available for a road from the back of the Soldotna Sports Center through to Centennial Park campground, how should the project be funded?
The City should meet their obligations to the Arctic Winter Games using local funds. We have gained a large amount of money in grants for other projects from the Arctic Winter Games to improve our facilities and schools.
4. What activities should the city provide to youth to prevent them from skate boarding and pestering customers at Peninsula Center Mall and other locations around the city?
The City already provides many parks for youths and tourists. There is a practical limit to what we can do especially if parents allow their children to trespass without accountability. The City taxpayers should not be expected to babysit our children and young adults. Encouraging helmets while traveling on streets and sidewalks is a proper activity. Many people, young and old, are speeding on our streets and they need to obey the law.
5. If re-elected, in what ways do you feel you can make a positive impact on the daily lives of Soldotna residents?
If re-elected for a third term, I will continue to be an advocate for patriotism, Emergency Services personnel, health professionals, families and churches.
I will continue to be a positive influence promoting protection of senior citizens and all children.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us