Residence: 365 Diane Lane, Soldotna, 99669
Mail address: Same
Years in Soldotna: 25
Family: Wife, Mari, and two children
Occupation: Land surveyor
Education: Associate's degree in surveying
Previous elected office: Soldotna City Council
1. What concerns do you have about building a city cemetery on West Redoubt Avenue?
My primary concern is with all the residents of Soldotna. The Council should select the most appropriate site for the cemetery as possible based on the best available information. The site should be compatible with neighborhood and easily accessible to all residents and visitors. The cemetery site development should take place in an environmentally sensitive manner and be maintained in a way that beautifies our community.
2. What benefits will the city gain from annexing properties? was there more to this?
Ridgeway to create emergency route through to Mackey Lakes Road? Funny River Road area near Soldotna airport? K'Beach Road across from Community College Avenue? In my opinion annexing these neighboring lands is a win-win situation for both sides. These adjacent neighbors win by obtaining the enhanced services the City has to offer including better police protection, improved road maintenance, a higher level planning and zoning protection and the possibility of connecting to City water and sewer. The City wins by gains by expanding its tax base and obtaining some economy of scale to services we already provide.
3. If federal grant funds are not made available for a road from the back of the Sports Center through to Centennial Park campground, how should the project be funded?
The City should pursue constructing this alternative access route with or without grant funds due to the potential safety concerns at the existing Centennial Park Road and K-Beach Road intersection.
4. What activities should the city provide to youth to prevent them from skate boarding and pestering customers at Peninsula Center Mall and other locations around the city?
The City should work towards providing as many youth oriented activities as possible through the community schools program, our parks and recreational facilities and through the our mini grant program.
5. If re-elected, in what ways do you feel you can make a positive impact on the daily lives of Soldotna residents?
My goal for serving on the City Council is to make Soldotna the best it can possibly be for all residents and visitors alike. I work towards this goal by taking a pro-active approach to our city government by listening to concerns of the interested parties, researching the issues and making logical and practical decisions based on the outcome open public discussions.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us