Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon today at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1 at Mile 17.9 of the Kenai Spur Highway. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Tuesday at Froso’s in Soldotna. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9814.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Wednesdays at Paradisos in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
Funeral home hosts open house
Peninsula Memorial Chapel will host an open house for its Soldotna Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. today at 35910 S. Jawle Street (behind Big John’s Tesoro on the Sterling Highway.) Food, fellowship and a tour of the facilities are planned. For more information, call Funeral Directors Timothy J. Wisniewski, T. Grant Wisniewski, B.J. Elder and Ryan E. Mills or Prearrangement Counselor Barbara Trombley at 260-3333 or visit them online at www.alaskanfuneral.com.
Builders meeting nailed down
The Kenai Peninsula Builders Association will hold a general membership meeting at 6:30 p.m. today at Mykel’s Restaurant in Soldotna. Featured speakers will be Representatives Mike Chenault and Kurt Olsen. It is open to members. For more information or to R.S.V.P. call 283-8071.
Family dinners celebrated
The Community Action Coalition will host Family Day on Monday. The following restaurants and businesses will participate: Safeway, McDonald’s, Bear’s Den, Acapulco in Kenai and Soldotna, Mykel’s, Odies, Moose is Loose, Duck Inn, Charlotte’s, Country Foods, Country Corner, Spenard Builders Supply, The Treehouse, Stop and Go Cafe, The Blue Grouse, Nero’s, Delars Family Center of Nikiski Mall, The American Legion, Rosita’s, M and M Market and The Place.
Family Day is set up to encourage families to eat meals together. For more information, call 335-3400.
Cold Stone to hold fundraiser
The Soldotna Cold Stone Creamery will participate in the chain’s annual World’s Largest Ice Cream Social nationwide fundraiser that benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
From 5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 28, the store will serve free 3 ounce servings of Cole’s Creation chocolate ice cream with yellow cake, chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles. Donations for the foundation will be accepted at that time. In addition to donations, customers may personalize paper wish stars and post them in the stores. Wish stars are available for $1 through September.
Small business center host workshops
The Small Business Development Center will host the following workshops:
· Developing a Logo or Brand at 2 p.m. Sept. 28 at the Aspen Hotel in Soldotna. The topics will be learning how to capture more market share and build a world-class business through branding and positioning. The cost is $15. Preregistration is required.
· Interactive Business Plans from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 28 at the Kenai UAA Small Business Development Center. Participants who took the first workshop may bring their business plans to discuss. The deadline to register is one day prior to each workshop.
For more information on any of these classes or to preregister call, Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breathing seminar slated
Laurie Schaeffer in conjunction with the Art of Living Foundation will host Hitu Jugessur for a free introductory breathing presentation at 7 p.m. Oct. 2 at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska. The topic will be the science of breath. Community members 16-years or older who are not pregnant, have epilepsy or on lithium medication may attend.
Jugessur will hold a class from 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 3 through 6 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 7 and 8 at the Kenaitze Family House in Kenai. The topics will how breathing can: Reduce levels of stress; benefit the immune system; reduce cholesterol; relive anxiety and depression; enhance brain function; and enhance health, well being and peace of mind. Community members 16-years or older who are not pregnant, have epilepsy or on lithium medication may attend. The cost is $250 for adults or $125 for students.
For more information or to register, call Laurie Schaeffer at 394-1148 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us