I wish to thank the voters in District 7 (Anchor Point, Clam Gulch, Cohoe, and Kasilof & Ninilchik) for their confidence in selecting myself to serve you in the past.
For the past 38 years our family has lived in Kasilof. All of our children have attended Tustumena Elementary school. Three of those children presently teach in our schools. Mathew our youngest teaches at his alma mater Skyview High School, Mary teaches at Mt View Elementary, and David teaches at Kenai Middle School.
Our daughter Karen, her husband Kenny Grimes and their children drift fish in Cook Inlet.
My wife Joyce and I own small businesses (1st Place Trophy, Awards etc and Alaska Wholesale Distributors, Inc.) in Kasilof. Our roots and interests in the area go deep.
Should you choose to elect me; I will continue working hard on Boro issues such as:
* Protect the property tax exemptions such as the disabled veterans, senior citizens exemption and homeowner's exemption.
* Making affordable Boro land available to our residents.
* If the proposition for term limits passes on the ballot, I will work to assure it is not canceled by the assembly.
* Explore the feasibility of a Vocational Education high school. We need to work together, School Board, Assembly and State Legislature to this end. Such a school would give students not going on to college in depth training during the school year. The State could give a waiver for these students under 18 to work during the summer with hands on experience with industry allowing them use of machinery with the participating craft.
* Keeping our hospital as one of the finest in Alaska.
* Work with the State Legislature to:
a. Limit the annual increase of property assessments.
b. Allow an increase in the allowable amount for property tax exemptions.
* Assure Boro road maintenance is a high priority.
My wife and I have enjoyed the lifestyle of the Peninsula and look forward to spending our remaining years in Kasilof. We care about the future direction of the Boro and about our friends and neighbors and how the decisions of the Boro Assembly affect them.
I respectfully ask for your vote on October 2nd that I may continue to work on your behalf as the assembly representative for District 7
As always please feel free to call, FAX or e-mail me at home relating to Boro issues. Home phone 262-9269, FAX 262-4902 and e-mail email@example.com.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us