Current weather

  • Scattered clouds
  • 54°
    Scattered clouds

Akiachak man dies after drinking fuel additive

Posted: Monday, October 02, 2000

BETHEL (AP) -- A man from the Kuskokwim River village of Akiachak died Sunday after trying to get drunk by drinking a fuel additive, Alaska State Troopers said.

Raymond Ekamrak, 37, drank Heet, a substance that contains isopropyl alcohol and is used to clear moisture from gas lines and gas tanks.

Ekamrak drank the substance early Sunday and by late afternoon was complaining to family members and health workers that he was feeling ill.

He was medevaced to the hospital in Bethel where he died.

The cause of death was determined to be poisoning. Troopers said there was no indication of foul play.



Related Searches

 GAS LINES   GAS TANKS   KUSKOKWIM RIVER   RAYMOND EKAMRAK 

CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS