Occupation: Retired Craft Specialist Phillips Petroleum
Business and professional organizations and other interests: Cook Inlet Drift Commercial Fisherman
Previous political experience: Kenai Peninsula Borough Planning Commissioner
1. Would you have voted to introduce the CPGH Inc. letter of intent ordinance? Why or why not?
No. This issue is certainly not one sided. There is the contention that a partnership is needed to advance CPH in cardiac and cancer treatment to keep it profitable in the years to come. However, I am opposed to the single focus of the LHP partnership. On record they are short on experience and expertise in hospital management.
2. Should a borough manager be hired? Why or why not?
No. It seems as though we would be replacing a system that has checks and balances with a weighted controlled assembly government. There is also the undetermined added cost.
3. Should property tax rates be lowered, raised or remain the same?
The same with an approach to achieving cost savings that results in lower rates. I support targeted relief for seniors and remote property owners.
4. How do you feel about the prepared food sales tax exemption?
I am in favor of the seasonal non prepared food sales tax exemption.
5. What's the value of local government?
Primarily, to provide necessary community services like public education, road maintenance and emergency services.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us