Barrow woman found dead in smoke-filled home

Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2001

ANCHORAGE (AP) -- A Barrow woman found dead Tuesday may have been asphyxiated by carbon monoxide from her stove.

Victoria Burr, 39, was found passed out and not breathing in her bed at about 1:10 p.m.

Officers from the North Slope Borough Police Department responded to an emergency call and said the rooms were filled with smoke and soot from the home's stove.

''It appears that it was carbon monoxide related,'' said Lt. Kelly Alzaharna, but the official cause of death has not been determined.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS