Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon today at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1 at Mile 17.9 of the Kenai Spur Highway. Melinda Gates with Alaska Job Service will be the featured speaker. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will host a candidates forum at noon Tuesday at Froso’s in Soldotna. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9814.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will host a candidates forum at noon Wednesday at Paradisos in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
Small business center host workshops
The Small Business Development Center will host the following workshops at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12:
· Budgeting Simple Budgeting with Big Benefits seminar will be held from 9:30 a.m. to noon today. The cost is $15.
· Ten Golden Rules of Marketing Learn creative and inexpensive marketing techniques from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Topics will cover learning who will buy your product, why they will and knowing if your advertising is timed right. The cost is $15.
Participants are asked to preregister one day in advance for classes. For more information or to preregister call, 260-5629 or e-mail email@example.com.
Cookware, jewelry fundraiser planned
Colleen Nusbaum with Pampered Chef and Lia Sophia jewelry will take orders for both lines from 4 to 6 p.m. at Don Jose’s Restaurant in Soldotna. Nusbaum will donate 15 percent of Pampered Chef sales and 30 percent of Lia Sophia sales to the VFW Ladies Auxiliary. Salsa and chips will be provided. Beverages and meals may be purchased from the menu. Children are not allowed at the event. Door prizes will be awarded. For more information, call Colleen Nusbaum at 394-4442 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workers’ compensation seminar set
The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development will hold a wage and hour and workers’ compensation employer seminar Tuesday at the Peninsula Job Center at 11312 Kenai Spur Highway, Suite 2 at the following times:
· Wage and hour from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The topics will be minimum wage, overtime, exempt employees, nonexempt employees, record-keeping laws, breaks, on-call, travel time, return transportation and final pay.
· Workers’ compensation from 1:30 to 3 p.m. The topics will be Alaska’s Workers’ Compensation Act and what it provides, the requirements for employers and finding out if you may be approved as a self-insurer.
The presentation is free and open to employers. For more information, call 283-2900.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.