* Redoubt Homemakers will hold a Fall Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1, Mile 17.9 Sterling Highway, including homemade quilts, blankets, rugs, towels, aprons, baked goods.
* The Kenai Senior Citizens Center will hold its annual Christmas Boutique craft show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday with handcrafted gifts by 15 local artisans and craftspeople, coffee, cookies, door prizes and free admission. Call 262-9170 for more information.
* A Fiber Faire with free workshops in knitting, crocheting, spinning and weaving for adults and kids will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Aurora Gallery and Gifts in Kenai. For more information, call Lee at 394-6146 or 283-8732, ext. 108.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce and GOODE Construction will hold its 26th annual beer and wine gala fundraiser Fish Tales featuring Kassik's beer, live and silent auctions, games, prizes and the XTO Ultimate Catch Raffle, at the Old Carrs Mall in Kenai Saturday. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person. Call 283-7989 or visit www.kenaichamber.org.
* The Kenai River Folk Dancers will host a community contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School, with live music by the ContraBanD. Beginners are welcome and all dances are taught and called. Bring clean, dry, nonmarking shoes to dance in. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Admission is $5 for adults and free for children under 16 when accompanied by an adult. Call Raymond at 283-5403.
* Emily Grossman has her art up at the Kobuk Kaladi Brothers Coffeehouse for October.
* Artists Without Borders has a group show on display through October upstairs in the 4D Professional Building in Soldotna.
* Art Works in Soldotna has photography by Joe Kashi on display through October.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has photography by Mark Pierson on display through October.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has photography for display throughout October by Shawna Shields.
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway has Chinese lacquer artwork by Kathy Matta on display in October.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the Kenai River Council on the Arts' fifth annual Experimental Show on display through October. The experimental medium for the show is "cake."
* The Kenai Peninsula Photographers Guild has its 2010 show on display on the second floor of the Peninsula Community Health Services building on East Marydale in Soldotna through November.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center has "Sacred Space: Sacred Time" on display through Oct. 22.
* The Soldotna Historical Museum, on Centennial Park Road off K-Beach Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sundays and closed Mondays.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Labor Day, or by appointment. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road off of the Sterling Highway. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* The band 907 will play at Kenai Joe's Friday at 9:07 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna will have live music on Saturdays from 6 to 9 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us