North Pole woman dies in house fire

Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2000

FAIRBANKS (AP) -- A North Pole woman died of smoke inhalation in a fire at her home Monday afternoon, authorities say.

Victoria Ruth Rainer, 56, was pronounced dead at the scene, fire officials said.

No smoke or flames were visible from the outside of the log structure when fire crews arrived, Chief Buddy Lane said.

The blaze appears to have started in the basement, Lane said.

Firefighters said their investigation was continuing.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS