Current weather

  • Scattered clouds
  • 54°
    Scattered clouds

K.O. CO danger

Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Carbon monoxide is the silent killer. It is odorless, invisible and can kill a person in minutes.

The following are tips from experts on avoiding CO dangers: d Don’t idle the car in the garage. Fumes can build up quickly.

· Don’t use a gas oven to heat the home, even for a short time.

· Don’t use a charcoal grill indoors, even in the fireplace.

· Don’t sleep in any room with an un-vented gasoline or kerosene space heater.

· Don’t use gasoline powered engines in enclosed spaces.

· Don’t ignore symptoms of headaches or flu-like symptoms, particularly if more than one person is feeling them. You could lose consciousness and die if you do nothing.

· Do outfit your home with a plug-in type CO monitor that also works on battery power in the event of a power failure.

· Do call the fire department and get out to fresh air if you suspect a CO leak in your home.



Related Searches

 GAS OVEN   ENVIRONMENT 

CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS