The following Halloween/fall events are planned:
* There will be a Halloween Party for children at the Kenai Eagles Aerie No. 3525 on Oct. 31 from noon until 3 p.m. There will be games, prizes and snacks. Call 283-4938 after 4 p.m. daily for more information.
* Grace Lutheran Church and School school will host an "Oktober Fest" on Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. Activities include carnival games, a costume parade, a soup and dessert cook-off, a brats and root beer garden, drawings and much more. Each family is asked to donate bags of wrapped candy for prizes. Volunteers are needed to help run games. For more information or to enroll, call Joanne Love at 283-9551.
* the Kenai Elks Lodge at 205 Barnacle Way will hold it's fifth annual Spooktacular from 2 to 5 p.m. Oct. 31. The carnival is open to the public and it is free. There will be carnival games, prizes, candy, haunted house, kid friendly buffet and refreshments.
There will be a costume contest for four age groups. The costume contest starts at 4:15 p.m. Trophies will be given to the top places and prizes for those who place. For more information, call Sabrina McGraw or Wendy Sandifer at the Lodge 283-7776 after 4 p.m.
* Soldotna Church of God will host a "TRUTH TIME MACHINE" from 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 31 at the church at 105 W. Redoubt Ave., on the corner of Binkley and Redoubt Ave. Candy for the kids and snacks for the grown ups and activities are planned. For more information, call 262-4729.
* The Boys and Girls Club in Kenai is planning a Trunk or treat and is looking for trunks, boats, planes or trains to make Trunk or Treat a success. Trunk or Treat is an annual free event for the youth in the community. It is searching for sponsoring trunks to hand out small toys or individual wrapped candy Oct. 31. The top prize for the best decorated trunk is a flight seeing trip for five. Call Kim at 283-2682 for more information.
* Halloween Trunk or Treat and Firewise bonfire on North Cohoe at the gravel pit/slash site from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. Call Jaci at 260-6333 for more information.
* Triumvirate Theatre and Nikiski Drama, Debate and Forensics will hold its annual Halloween haunted house from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30 and 31 at the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. The cost is $3 per person.
* North Peninsula Recreation is hosting annual Strut Your Mutt Howl'oween Dog Costume Contest. The contest will take place Oct. 30 6:30 p.m. at the Nikiski Community Recreation Center. There will be multiple prize categories, a doggie treat walk and refreshments offered. Dogs must be people and dog friendly and on a leash at all times. For more information call, 776-8800.
* North Peninsula Recreation is hosting a teen costume contest Oct. 28 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Nikiski Community Recreation Center. There will be multiple prize categories and refreshments offered. Open to teens 13-18 years old. For more information call, 776-8800.
The Kenai Resilience group will hold a potluck from 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 13 at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna. Attendees are asked to bring a potluck dish and their own reusable plate, cup, napkin and eating utensils.
Children are welcome. A activity will be planned for them.
The event is a free and open to the public who are curious about issues of sustainability. A sit-down dinner will be followed by a facilitated discussion. For more information, visit
Peninsula Piranhas Swim team will hold registration and try outs from 4 to 5 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Kenai Central High School. The cost is $55 a month for four days a week or $40 a month for two days a week.
Also an annual fee of $63 for USA swimming registration and $25 for awards banquet will be due at registration. Practices will be held at KCHS Mondays through Thursdays from 3 to 4 p.m. for students in grades six through 12 grade students and from 4 to 5 p.m. for elementary students. For more information, call coach Will Hubler at 283-7476.
School-aged children welcome, but if your child has not completed level four of swim lessons, they will need to try out. You must be able to swim one length of the pool to make it onto the team.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.