* The KPC Student Union is hosting a "Rock the Vote" concert in support of Prop. B featuring the band 907 as well as guest speakers on Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Ward Building. For more information, contact the KPC Student Union at 262-0339.
* The Kenai Peninsula Orchestra will perform its fall, family-oriented concert, "Movie, Mood, Music" at 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School. Dan Pascucci will provide narration to bring the music's theme together. Admission is $12 for adults, $10 for youth and seniors, $8 for Raven Club members, $5 for youth in costume and $25 for families. Tickets are available at Charlotte's in Kenai, River City Books in Soldotna and at the door.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College has an exhibit by Denise Heimel called "The Next Move" until Nov. 12. Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Emily Grossman has her art up at the Kobuk Kaladi Brothers Coffeehouse for October.
* Artists Without Borders has a group show on display through October upstairs in the 4D Professional Building in Soldotna.
* Art Works in Soldotna has photography by Joe Kashi on display through October.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has photography by Mark Pierson on display through October.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has photography for display throughout October by Shawna Shields.
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway has Chinese lacquer artwork by Kathy Matta on display in October.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the Kenai River Council on the Arts' fifth annual Experimental Show on display through October. The experimental medium for the show is "cake."
* The Kenai Peninsula Photographers Guild has its 2010 show on display on the second floor of the Peninsula Community Health Services building on East Marydale in Soldotna through November.
* The Soldotna Historical Museum, on Centennial Park Road off K-Beach Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sundays and closed Mondays.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Labor Day, or by appointment. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road off of the Sterling Highway. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna will have live music on Saturdays from 6 to 9 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us