Current weather

  • Scattered clouds
  • 54°
    Scattered clouds

Man dies in Fairbanks home fire

Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2001

FAIRBANKS (AP) -- A man died in a Fairbanks house fire when a kerosene lantern ignited a bed, fire officials said.

The lantern apparently was either knocked down or fell over near the bed Wednesday morning, spilling kerosene and igniting the bed's underside, according to Fairbanks Fire Marshal Ernie Misewicz. Foul play is not suspected.

The man, identified as James Miller, had been without electricity to the house since June 20, Fairbanks police said. Water service to Miller's house also had been disconnected.

Miller, 66, was found dead on the bed. Misewicz said he didn't know the exact cause of death but said Miller was burned by the fire.



CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS