Current weather

  • Scattered clouds
  • 54°
    Scattered clouds

3-year-old boy dies in house fire

Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2002

ANCHORAGE (AP) -- A 3-year-old boy died Saturday in a house fire in south Anchorage.

The fire started in a bottom unit of a four-plex at about 7:30 a.m. and spread quickly. The boy's body was found in his bedroom. His name was not immediately released.

Brandon Wolf, who lives in the apartment next to where the fire started, told KTVA television that he barely got out with his family.

He said he heard glass breaking and a girl screaming for her baby. Wolf said at that point he grabbed his young daughter and ran outside.

The Red Cross was providing emergency food and shelter to about 18 people.



Related Searches

 BRANDON WOLF   KTVA   DISASTER_ACCIDENT   RED CROSS   MAN-MADE DISASTER   ANCHORAGE   FOOD 

CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS