* There will be an artist reception for K.N. Goodrich at Art Works in Soldotna from 6 to 8 p.m.
* A reception for the juried watercolor exhibit at the Kenai Fine Arts Center will be held today from 6 to 8 p.m.
* A bluegrass jam will be held at the Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna starting at 6:30 p.m.
* Artist without Borders will open their monthly art exhibit with reception and refreshments from 5 to 7 p.m. today in the 4D Professional Building-Conference Room on the Corner of Marydale and the Spur in Soldotna.
* Libby Berezin will be hosting a First Thursday reception at Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk St. from 5 to 6 p.m. to open her pottery exhibit there.
* A First Thursday Jazz Art Exhibit at the Funky Money in Kenai will be today from 6 to 8 p.m. The works of photographer Mark Pierson will be featured. There will be complementary hors d'oeuvres with music by Barb Anderson & JD Uponen.
* The Performing Arts Society presents a concert by trio Chugach Brass at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $10 for students, available at Already Read and Country Liquor in Kenai, the KPC Bookstore off K-Beach Road, Northcountry Fair, River City Books and Sweeney's in Soldotna, and at the door.
* On Friday the UAA University Wind Ensemble conducted by Mark Wolbers will present a free noon-time concert at Kenai Central High
School in the Henderson Auditorium. The program will feature outstanding compositions for wind band by Dana Wilson, Robert Jager, and Pulitzer Prize winning composers William Schuman and Virgil Thomson. Featured soloists will be Brady Byers and Eric Bleicher in the Concerto for Percussion by Robert Jager. This concert is presented as part of the Wind Ensemble's Fall Tour 2010.
* A closing reception for "The Next Move," a show of smoke-fired ceramic work by Denise Heimel, will be held Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Kenai Peninsula College Gallery.
* Joe Kashi will be teaching a photography series at the Kenai Fine Art Center in Old Town Kenai starting Saturdays Nov. 6, 13 and 20, from 1:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Open to upper teens through adults, preferably with some photo experience. Anyone wishing to show photos should bring them on a virus-scanned CD or flash drive. The first hour will be interactive talk and second hour will be Q & A to discuss photos.
Week one topic will be How traditional and digital photography are similar and different. Week two topic will be Lenses, sensors, and how to best use them (using their strengths and avoiding their weaknesses). Week three topic will be the right exposure for the situation. For more information, call 283-7040.
* Pamyua, an Alaska-originated tribal funk music group, will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Soldotna High School Auditorium as part of the Community Helath Challenge there that day. Advance tickets are $10, available from at the Kenaitze Indian Tribe office, Funky Monkey, Kenai Peninsula College and River City Books. Tickets at the door are $15.
* Arctic Records at Studio986 in Kenai is hosting a bash on Saturday from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. for DJ Flavours and in remembrance of Rylene Oskolkoff. The studio is in between Sharps Billiards and Katina's Restaurant. Donations will be taken to help her family out. For more information, call 283-2822.
* A spaghetti dinner fundraiser with live and silent auctions and live music for William Jackson, who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at College Heights Baptist Church on K-Beach. Donations are accepted. Call or text Chad or Kristi Bradford at 394-8223 or 394-8224 and they will pick up donations.
* The Kenai Peninsula Photographers Guild has its 2010 show on display on the second floor of the Peninsula Community Health Services building on East Marydale in Soldotna through November.
* The Soldotna Historical Museum, on Centennial Park Road off K-Beach Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sundays and closed Mondays.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Labor Day, or by appointment. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road off of the Sterling Highway. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music Saturday 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has art by Marlyn Kramer on display for November. They also have live music on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m. by Loretta Spalding & Friends.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com.
The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us