Library turns page to new month
The Kenai Community Library will hold the following events this month:
· Russian story time is at 11 a.m. Mondays.
· Preschool story time at at 2 p.m. Tuesdays, the library commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Totem Tracers genealogical society meets at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and the book club meets at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 28
· Spanish story time is at 10 a.m. and Wee read is at 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
· After-school stories are at 4 p.m. Thursdays, and the Writers’ Group meets at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 16 .
· Second Sunday stories will be held at 1 p.m. Nov. 12.
· A Totem Tracers Resource Saturday will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 18.
The library will be closed Nov. 10 and 11 for Veterans Day and Nov. 23-25 for Thanksgiving. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
Moms to meet
The Moms Club, an international support group for at-home mothers, is starting a new chapter in the Kenai area. The group will hold monthly meetings and activity groups. Call Becky for more information at 252-4992.
It’s not too late to learn
The following Soldotna Community Schools classes start this week. To register, call Carmen at 262-6768.
· Beginning Excel. Brad Hibberd, an engineer, will instruct. Basic Excel operations will be covered, including cell formatting, toolbar operations, formulas and designing spreadsheets. Basic computer skills are necessary. Class is Tuesday and Thursday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Soldotna Middle School computer lab. For adults. Cost is $20.
· Take back your time. Dr. Kathleen Dinius, licensed psychologist, will instruct. Develop time management by learning self-management. Learn the necessary strategies to give up your job as “general manager of the universe.” Class is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, for teens and adults in the Soldotna Middle School Library. Cost is $15.
Table tennis hits on new night
Table tennis at the Soldotna Elks Club has moved to Thursday nights this season.
Practice is at 6:30 p.m. and the blind draw doubles tournament starts at 7 p.m. For more information, call Gary Brumley 335-2847.
Class of 1987 seeks members
Kenai Central High School class of 1987 will host its 20 year anniversary July 13-15, 2007. Reunion organizers are seeking classmates. For more information or to check in, call Sherrie Barlow at (602) 264-3319 or e-mail email@example.com.
Caregiver support meeting set
The National Family Caregiver Support Program will conduct caregiver training from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 16 at Independent Care Advantage Access Alaska, 10807 Kenai Spur Highway in Kenai.
On Nov. 18, Caregiver Appreciation Day will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Soldotna Senior Citizens Center, with workshops and seminars with local and state agencies, refreshments and door prizes. It is free and open to the public.
For more information, call 262-1280 or (866-776-8210.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.