* Peninsula Artists in Motion will perform its annual concert at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School, with guest performers from the Anchorage Classical Ballet Academy. Tickets are $12, $10 for students and seniors and free for kids 5 and under.
There will be a dancers' reception including art work by Cara Parker and a dessert bar hosted in partnership with the LeeShore Center, following the concert on Friday and Saturday.
* Triumvirate Theatre will present the comedy "Mind Over Matt," by Scott Haan, directed by Angie Nelson Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. in the theater in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Tickets are $15, available in advance from the Triumvirate Theatre Bookstore.
* Taste of the Kenai, an evening of food and drink provided by restaurants, breweries and wineries located on the Kenai, with a silent auction, door prizes and raffles, will be held from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Friday at the Challenger Learning Center in Kenai. Tickets available at the Kenai Peninsula Tourism Marketing Council office or the Soldotna and Kenai visitor centers.
* A holiday bazaar will be held from noon to 8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday at the Soldotna Sports Center. Reserve a booth by calling 262-3152.
* The Kenai River Folk Dancers will hold a contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at K-Beach Elementary School, with live music by the ContraBanD. Beginners are welcome and all dances are taught and called. Bring clean, nonmarking shoes, and potluck snacks are encouraged. Admission is $5 for adults and free for kids 16 and under if accompanied by an adult.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit by K.N. Goodrich for the month of November
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center has a juried watercolor exhibit up for the rest of the month.
* Artist without Borders will have their monthly art exhibit up in the 4D Professional Building-Conference Room on the Corner of Marydale and the Spur in Soldotna.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk St. will have pottery by Libby Berezin on display through November.
* The Funky Money in Kenai will the works of photographer Mark Pierson on display through the end of the month.
* The Kenai Peninsula Photographers Guild has its 2010 show on display on the second floor of the Peninsula Community Health Services building on East Marydale in Soldotna through November.
* The Central Peninsula writers Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. All writers and anyone interested in writing are invited to attend.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center will present a free, digital photography workshop by Joe Kashi from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday for teens through adults, preferably with some photo experience. The topic is, "The right exposure for your photo." Call 283-7040 or 398-0480 for more information.
* The Kasilof Regional Historical Association hosts a presentation by anthropologist Dr. Alan Boraas on the Russian-era coal mine at Port Graham and the end of Russian America, at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Kasilof Historical Museum at Mile 0.5 K-Beach Road.
* The Soldotna Historical Museum, on Centennial Park Road off K-Beach Road, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sundays and closed Mondays.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays until Labor Day, or by appointment. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road off of the Sterling Highway. For more information, call 262-2999 or 252-2777.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Dave Edward-Smith Saturday 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live by AJ Jones tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has art by Marlyn Kramer on display for November. They also have live music on Saturday by Sydney & Shelby Smith from 6 to 9 p.m.
* Kenai Joe's has music by 907 at 9 p.m. Friday.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.