Thanksgiving closures planned
The following businesses, organizations will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday:
* Kenai Public Health Center will be closed Thursday. It will reopen at 8 a.m. Friday. For more information, call 335-3400.
* Kenai Community Library will be closed today through Sunday. For more information, call 283-4378.
* Soldotna Public Library will be closed Thursday through Saturday.
* State and city offices.
* Kenai Senior Citizens Center will be closed Friday.
* Soldotna and Nikiski and Sterling senior citizens centers will be closed today and Friday.
* The North Peninsula Recreation Center will be closed today and Friday.
Donations sought for military personnel
The Peninsula Yellow Ribbon club is in the process of making thank-you gift baskets for returning soldiers and Marines. Community members interested in donating a gift, a gift card or making a thank-you card for the baskets may call Bill and Carol Keller at 262-0492 or 394-1072.
Arrangements may be made to pick up donations.
Reading council seeks members
The Kenai Peninsula Reading Council is seeking community members interested in promoting literacy in the community through a variety of activities.
The group is in the process of planned a reading carnival. For information, e-mail Monica Heath at email@example.com or call 283-5015.
Counseling association seeks members
The Kenai Peninsula Counseling Association is seeking counseling professionals, students and interested community members. The group will meet at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Peninsula Community Health Center at 230 E. Marydale Ave., Suite 2, in Soldotna. For more information, e-mail Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women's basketball league forming
The Boys and Girl Club is taking registrations for Women's City League basketball. The deadline to register is Dec. 21. The cost is $250 per team and $50 per player. The season runs January to March. Packets are available at the Kenai Recreation Center. For more information, call 283-3855.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us