* Christmas Comes to Kenai will be held Friday with a visit from Santa at the visitors center at 11 a.m. and the Electric Lights parade at 6 p.m. For a complete schedule, visit www.kenaichamber.org.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will hold its second annual Christmas Tree Auction opening Friday, with bidding closing at 2 p.m. Dec. 4. Extended hours for tree viewing and bidding are from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday for Christmas Comes to Kenai, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 4, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Nov. 29 to Dec. 4. The display is free and open to the public.
* A Ten Thousand Villages sale will be held at Soldotna United Methodist Church from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit by K.N. Goodrich for the month of November
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center has a juried watercolor exhibit up for the rest of the month.
* Artist without Borders will have their monthly art exhibit up in the 4D Professional Building-Conference Room on the Corner of Marydale and the Spur in Soldotna.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk St. will have pottery by Libby Berezin on display through November.
* The Funky Money in Kenai will the works of photographer Mark Pierson on display through the end of the month.
* The Kenai Peninsula Photographers Guild has its 2010 show on display on the second floor of the Peninsula Community Health Services building on East Marydale in Soldotna through November.
* The Kasilof Regional Historical Association hosts a presentation by anthropologist Dr. Alan Boraas on the Russian-era coal mine at Port Graham and the end of Russian America, at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Kasilof Historical Museum at Mile 0.5 K-Beach Road.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Bill Larned Saturday 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company will be closed today for Thanksgiving.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has art by Marlyn Kramer on display for November. They also have live music on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us