Chambers set schedules, elect members
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will host speakers Chris Sonnichsen and Lisa Parker of Agrium at noon today at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1 at Mile 17.9 of the Kenai Spur Highway. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551.
· Mike Burns with the Alaska Permanent Fund Division will be the featured speaker at the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce at noon Tuesday at Froso’s Restaurant. For more information, call 262-9814.
Newly elected board members include: (three-year term) Evy Gebhardt with the Peninsula Clarion, Keri Hiler of Southcentral Title and Alice Paulson of Mykel’s Restaurant; (one-year term), Catherine Booth of Residential Mortgage, Becky Hutchinson of Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, Terry Coval of Peninsula Radio Group and Lisa Roberts of Key bank will serve as the 2007 president; out-going members are, Ken Lancaster of Lancaster Enterprises, Si Zimmerman of Harley Davidson and Sammy Cole of Southcentral Title.
· Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at Paradisos in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
The chamber is seeking nominees for its 2007 board of directors. Deadline for applications is Friday.
· Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce will host Capt. Mark Thielenhaus with The Salvation Army of Homer at noon at the Anchor River Inn.
The chamber’s new officers are: Paul Voeller, president; Duane Harvey, vice president; Julie Engebretsen, treasurer; Jan Gladish, recording secretary; and Kathy McMurray, corresponding secretary.
Small business center to host workshop
The Small Business Development Center will host “Starting a business,” with Mark Gregory, director of University of Alaska Anchorage Small Business Development Center, from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12. Gregory will walk through the basic process of starting a business. There is no cost.
Participants are asked to preregister by today. For more information or to preregister, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Santa comes to Soldotna
Peninsula Center Mall merchants will host Santa at the following times through Christmas: from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 9,10, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23 and 24.
Photos will be available and profits will be donated to Love, INC.
Businesses pitch in for food bank
The following local businesses and organizations are conducting food drives to benefit the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank this holiday season. Non perishable food may be dropped off at the following locations:
· All three Central Emergency Services stations through mid-December.
· The Sears store in Kenai.
· Country Foods and Three Bears in Kenai and Save U More on Kalifornsky Beach Road until Christmas, and you may purchase gift certificates for turkeys or other perishables there.
· Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, Credit Union 1, First National Bank of Alaska, KeyBank and Wells Fargo. Ask a teller how you can donate dollars to the food bank.
For more information, call the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank at 262-3111.
Holiday decorating contest continues
The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations through Dec. 8 for businesses and residences that are exceptionally decorated for Christmas.
Sponsored by the Homer Electric Association, first- through third-place awards will be given in commercial and residential categories. First-place commercial wins a $100 energy credit; second- and third-place commercial win $50 energy credits; first-place residential receives a $50 energy credit; and second- and third-place residential receive $25 energy credits.
Winners will be announced at the Dec. 12 chamber luncheon.
Nominations, including name, address and phone number, should be submitted to the chamber by calling 262-9814 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JA seeks volunteers
Junior Achievement of the Kenai Peninsula is seeking volunteer instructors for its upcoming classes in March. Volunteers will go into area classes and teach business, economics and free enterprise. For more information, call Febra Hensley at 398-7173.
KVCC seeks holiday entertainers
The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will host a holiday open house from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 19. It is taking reservations for musicians and singers to perform their favorite holiday music. Sets will be between 15 and 30 minutes. To sign up, call Natasha at 283-1991.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us