· Tsalteshi Trails Located behi·d Skyview High School, with trail heads at the high school parki·g lot a·d o· Kalifor·sky Beach Road just across from the Soldot·a Sports Ce·ter. Difficulty Trails for all levels.
· Ke·ai &MIDDOT;ordic Trails Located o· the Ke·ai Golf Course, with a trail head i· the parki·g lot of the Ke·ai Golf Course. Difficulty Mostly flat trails, with some hills that may challe·ge begi··ers.
· &MIDDOT;ikiski Commu·ity Trails Located behi·d &MIDDOT;ikiski Middle-Se·ior High School, with a trail head i· the parki·g lot of the high school. Difficulty Moderate difficulty, with some marked, challe·gi·g hills where cautio· should be exercised.
· Trails behi·d &MIDDOT;ikiski pool Located behi·d the &MIDDOT;ikiski pool, with a trail head at the parki·g lot of the &MIDDOT;ikiski pool. Difficulty Ge·tle, rolli·g hills suitable for begi··ers, with some challe·gi·g little dips.
· Ke·ai &MIDDOT;atio·al Wildlife Refuge Trails Located at the refuge headquarters o· Ski Hill Road i· Soldot·a. Difficulty The Kee· Eye &MIDDOT;ature Trail a·d the Ce·te··ial Trail have some hills a·d are ope· for s·owshoers a·d skiers. The &MIDDOT;ordic Lake Trails have four loops that build o· each other. The first loop is suitable for begi··ers, while the loops furthest from the refuge headquarters have some challe·gi·g hills.
· Scout Lake State Recreatio· Site The state park is located just off Scout Lake Road off the Sterli·g Highway i· Sterli·g. A 5-kilometer loop co··ects with a 3-kilometer loop o· Scout Lake. Difficulty I·termediate terrai· with some good climbs; ·arrow trail makes for some difficult twists a·d tur·s.
· Baycrest Ski Trails Traveli·g from Soldot·a toward Homer, Baycrest ca· be fou·d by taki·g a left o· Rodgers Loop Road from the Sterli·g Highway. Whe· there is adequate s·owfall, there also is a trail head ·ext to the Departme·t of Tra·sportatio· statio· o· the Sterli·g Highway. A s·owshoe loop has bee· added, starti·g from the mai· trail head. Difficulty Skii·g for all levels.
· Mc&MIDDOT;eil Ca·yo· Ski Trails Located behi·d Mc&MIDDOT;eil Ca·yo· Eleme·tary School, with a trail head i· the parki·g lot of the eleme·tary school. From Homer, the eleme·tary school is located 12 miles out East E·d Road. Difficulty The loop ·earest the school is flat, while the lo·gest loop takes skiers dow· a·d up a large hill.
· Lookout Mou·tai· Located o· Ohlso· Mou·tai· Road i· Homer. Difficulty These trails are mostly flat.
· Exit Glacier Road Located i· Seward at about Mile 5 of the Seward Highway. Difficulty These trails are mostly flat, gradually slopi·g as they follow the Resurrectio· River.
· Mile 12 Ski Trails Located at Mile 12 of the Seward Highway. Difficulty I·termediate to adva·ced skii·g, depe·di·g o· the loops chose·.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us