* The Soldotna High School drama department presents the play, "The Phantom of the Opera," at 7 p.m. tonight, Friday and Saturday at the SoHi auditorium. Admission is $5.
* Brent Johnson, author, and Laura Faeo, illustrator of the children's book, "The Loose Zoo" will sign copes of the book from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai.
* The Kenai Central High School Concert Choir presents its annual winter concert at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium. The program includes, "Angelic Christmas Fanfare," "Ave Maria," "Gesu Bambino," "Gloria In Excelsis Deo," "I Saw Three Ships," "I Wonder As I Wander," "I'd Like To Hitch A Ride With Santa Claus," "Mr. Santa," "O Holy Night," "Silent Night," "The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth," "The Phantom of the Opera," "Tua Bethlehem," and "America, The Beautiful.". The choir will be accompanied by Maria Allison and Mim McKay on piano, and the Christ Lutheran Bell Choir, under the direction of Elaine Larson. Additional percussion instruments played by Joy Wannamaker, Abbi Wonser and Deborah Sounart. Donations will be accepted at the door.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center will have a Holiday Silent Auction reception and pottery sale for First Thursday tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. Bidding runs through 3 p.m. Dec. 18.
* An artist reception for Artists Without Borders at the 4-D Interiors Building in Soldotna will be held form 5 to 7 p.m. tonight
* A bluegrass jam for First Thursday will be held at the Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna at 6:30 p.m.
* A First Thursday art show opening for Celia Cash and Laura Faeo will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight at the Funky Monkey in Kenai, with live jazz by Barb Anderson and J.D. Uponen.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna display art by Kenai Photography Guild for the month of December.
* The Soldotna library hosts a free holiday ornament-making workshop from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, taught by Jenni Larsen with Creative Memories. It's for ages 7 and up.
* The Kenai Potters' Guild's annual Christmas sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai.
* The Funky Money in Kenai will the works of photographer Mark Pierson on display through the end of the month.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by George Navarre Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Mike Morgan tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us