n Enacted an ordinance accepting and appropriating a $13,000 donation from Chevron for the purchase of firefighting equipment;
* Enacted an ordinance accepting and appropriating grant funds from the U.S. Department of Energy in the amount of $192,200 and appropriating borough general funds in the amount of $150,471 to Complete the Ninilchik School Re-Roofing Project;
* Enacted as amended an ordinance accepting and appropriating Funding from the state of Alaska in the amount of $993,996.85 for General Government Purposes under the state's 2009/2010 Community Economic Stimulus Program;
* Enacted as amended an ordinance appropriating $374,605.14 from the General Fund through the solid waste department to partially fund the construction of a turn lane on the Sterling Highway;
* Enacted as amended an ordinance appropriating $10,054 of CES Funds to Fund Costs Associated with Central Emergency Services Funny River Station Living Quarters; and
* Postponed as amended until January an ordinance requiring retail sellers of liquid petroleum products to file a monthly report with the Kenai Peninsula Borough concerning the quantity of such products sold.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.