JUNEAU (AP) -- A 93-year-old woman was treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns after a fire at the Juneau Senior Center on Tuesday.
An object left on an apartment stove is thought to ignited the blaze that damaged one apartment and caused minor smoke damage to other parts of the building, said Capt. Eddie Quinto, of the Capital City Fire and Rescue.
The woman, who was not identified, was treated at Bartlett Regional Hospital and later released, a hospital spokeswoman said. Several other residents were briefly evacuated from the building after the fire.
The building is managed by the Alaska Housing Finance Corp.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.