Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will host Rob Robson, Kenai Peninsula Borough capital projects director at noon today at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1 at Mile 17.9 of the Kenai Spur Highway. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551.
· Ryan Smith with Central Peninsula General Hospital will be the featured speaker at the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce at noon Tuesday at Froso’s Restaurant. Students of the Month will also be announced. For more information, call 262-9814.
· Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at Paradisos in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
· Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon at the Anchor River Inn on Wednesday.
The chamber is seeking nominations for Business of the Year, Citizen of the Year, Youth of the Year, Senior of the Year, Employee of the year and Golden Deed Award.
It is also looking for nominations for houses that have been decorated for the holidays. Nominations for both contests should include name, address and phone number and submitted to the chamber by calling (907) 235-2600, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out an application available at local business.
Small business center to host workshops
The Small Business Development Center will host several small business workshops in January:
· Emerging trends in electronic processing from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Jan. 11 at Aspen Hotel in Soldotna. The cost is $15 per person. Bob Blair of Integrity4U will be the featured speaker; and
· “Starting a business,” with Mark Gregory, director of University of Alaska Anchorage Small Business Development Center, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 18 at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12. Gregory will walk through the basic process of starting a business. There is no cost.
Participants are asked to preregister one day prior to workshop. For more information or to preregister, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Santa comes to Soldotna
Peninsula Center Mall merchants will host Santa at the following times through Christmas: from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 16, 17, 19, 21, 23 and 24. Photos will be available and profits will be donated to Love, INC.
Businesses pitch in for holidays
The following local businesses and organizations are conducting food drives to benefit the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank this holiday season. Non perishable food may be dropped off at the following locations:
· All three Central Emergency Services stations through mid-December.
· The Sears store in Kenai.
· Country Foods and Three Bears in Kenai and Save U More on Kalifornsky Beach Road until Christmas, and you may purchase gift certificates for turkeys or other perishables there.
· Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, Credit Union 1, First National Bank of Alaska, KeyBank and Wells Fargo. Ask a teller how you can donate dollars to the food bank.
For more information, call the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank at 262-3111.
Holiday decorating contest continues
The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations through Friday for businesses and residences that are exceptionally decorated for Christmas.
Sponsored by the Homer Electric Association, first- through third-place awards will be given in commercial and residential categories. First-place commercial wins a $100 energy credit; second- and third-place commercial win $50 energy credits; first-place residential receives a $50 energy credit; and second- and third-place residential receive $25 energy credits.
Winners will be announced at the Dec. 12 chamber luncheon.
Nominations, including name, address and phone number, should be submitted to the chamber by calling 262-9814 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JA seeks volunteers
Junior Achievement of the Peninsula is seeking volunteer instructors for its upcoming classes in March. Volunteers will go into area classes and teach business, economics and free enterprise. For more information, call Febra Hensley at 398-7173.
KVCC seeks holiday entertainers
The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will host a holiday open house from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 19. Is is taking reservations of musicians and singers to perform their favorite holiday music. Sets will be between 15 and 30 minutes. To sign up, call Natasha at 283-1991.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us