(NAPSA)-With the holidays upon us, add a homemade touch to your celebrations by creating a wonderful Table Runner.
The manufacturer of high-end garment care products offers this easy-to-follow project to help add flair to any kitchen or dining table.
The experts at Rowenta say this is what you'll need:
1. Fabric for outside border and embroidery squares
2. Fabric for inside border
3. Fabric for lining
4. Machine embroidery card for your sewing machine
5. Iron, such as the Rowenta Power Duo.
Cut the fabric as follows:
1. Embroidery: (4) 712" squares
2. Inside border: (3) 312" x 712" bands, (2) 3" x 12" bands, (2) 3712" x 212" bands
3. Outside border: (2) 1614 x 212" bands, (2) 42" x 212" bands
4. Lining: 1614" x 4612"
Note: all seams are 14" unless noted otherwise.
1. Mark the placement of the embroidery on the right side of each square. Stitch the desired motif following the directions of your sewing machine.
2. With right sides together, stitch a 312" x 712" seam in between each set of embroidered squares. Press the seams toward the strips.
3. Add (1) long inside band to each side of the embroidered motifs. Press seams toward the band. Stitch remaining inside band pieces along the two remaining edges, and press the seams toward the band.
4. Repeat with the outside bands, first stitching the long edges in place, then the short edge. Press seams toward the outside band.
5. Pin runner and lining right sides together, leaving an opening for turning.
6. Turn right side out and press. Top stitch 12" in from the edge.
For more information on Rowenta garment care products or project ideas, visit the Web site at www.rowentausa.com.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us