Area chambers set schedules
· The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon at Nikiski Fire Station No. 1. Lunch is provided by Grizzly’s Grill. The speaker will be Donna Peterson, Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Superintendent. For more information, call Judene at 776-5551.
· The Homer Chamber of Commerce will meet for a holiday luncheon at noon Tuesday at the Homer Elks. Lower Peninsula program coordinator Nancy Casey will speak about the State Scenic By-Way program and its impact for Homer. The luncheon also will include a performance by the Homer High School swing choir. For more information, call Julie at (907) 235-7740.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Tuesday at The Riverside Grill in Soldotna. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9841.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at Paradisos in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
Job fair deadline looming
The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce, Kenai Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Peninsula Job Center will host a job fair from 1:30 to 4 p.m. Dec. 21.
Businesses interested in participating should call the Soldotna chamber at 262-9814, Peninsula Job Center at 283-2900 or the visitors center at 283-1991. Deadline to register is 2 p.m. Friday.
King’s Inn hosts gift workshops
A “Make your own Christmas Gifts” workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays through Dec. 17 in the King’s Inn Family Restaurant banquet room in Kenai. Participants will make polar fleece scarves, photo frames, jewelry, ornaments and other gifts during the workshop.
The cost is $20 per session. Price includes all supplies, a slice of pizza and a drink.
For more information or to register, call Shauna Thornton at 283-5025.
Canned food drive events planned
The following event will be held to support the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank:
· A “Pint Size Workshop” cooking class at 10 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 17 at Allen and Peterson Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai. Cost of admission to the class is two cans of nonperishable food or a $2 donation to the KPFB.
For more information, call the food bank at 262-3111.
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.