* The Kenai Watershed Forum is holding holiday celebration open house from 5 to 8 p.m. tonight in the reception room downstairs at Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna.
* Birch Ridge Community Church will hold a Christmas bazaar from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday, with locally handmade gifts, goodies, art, herbs, jellies, food and Christmas music. Visit www.birchridgecommunity.org.
* Triumvirate Theatre and Bookstore in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna will host an open-house event Saturday to learn about Ferdinand Center for the Creative and how it is working to improve the lives of street children in the Philippines through outreach and teaching creative design. Between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., used books sold will benefit Ferdinand. Founder, Les Nelson, will do two presentations, at 2:30 and 5 p.m., to talk about the work being done by Ferdinand. Call 262-7118 or visit http://Ferdinand.cc/about/
* A holiday family story time will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Soldotna public library, with stories, songs, a craft and refreshments.
* Santa will visit Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday in the commons. Bring a camera to take pictures.
* The KPC Art Students League hosts the 2010 Art Extravaganza in the MAPTS Building at the Kenai River Campus from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday. Preview of outcry auction items and a silent auction will begin at 6 p.m., with the outcry auction starting at 7 p.m. Raffle tickets for "Winter Storm on the Flats," by Bill Heath, are available at the event and from the KPC Bookstore.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna display art by Kenai Photography Guild for the month of December.
* Art Works in Soldotna has an exhibit of pastels on paper by K.N. Goodrich on display through December.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College has artwork by Wanda Seamster on display through Dec. 10.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street in Soldotna has work by Heather Elder and Erika Zumwalt on display through December.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has its annual winter silent auction on display through December.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will have "PAINt," an exhibition of Alaska paintings curated by Don Decker, on display this winter.
* The Funky Money in Kenai will the works of photographer Mark Pierson on display through the end of the month.
* Artists Without Borders has an exhibit at the 4-D Interiors Building in Soldotna for December.
* Celia Cash and Laura Faeo have an exhibit at the Funky Monkey in Kenaithrough the end of the month.
* Mike Morgan and Friends will play Songs of the Season at "Classic" Kaladi Bros. on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Robb Justice Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music by Mike Morgan tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Odie's Deli on the Sterling Highway in Soldotna has live music on Saturday from 6 to 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in Soldotna's The Blazy Mall has music by Robb Justice and Friends from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us