* Triumvirate Theatre will present the Broadway hit, "My Fair Lady" at the Triumvirate Theatre on Friday and Saturday and Dec. 18, 19. Show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Advance ticket sales end 24 hours before the show. Tickets are available at the Triumvirate Theatre Bookstore in the Peninsula Center Mall open Tuesday through Saturday noon to 6 p.m.
* Dirk and Cheryl Zwiebels will perform a Christmas concert Saturday at First Baptist Church of Kenai, at 12815 Kenai Spur Highway at 6 p.m. their performance resume includes concerts with Barry Manilow, Barry McGuire and others. Cheryl plays the guitar, mandolin and banjo. Dirk plays the trombone. For more information, call Joyneather (Joy) McCaul at 283-7672.
* Kaladi Brothers on S. Kobuk Artist of the Month is Clair Johnson.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center at 11471 Kenai Spur Highway will have the 50th anniversary of Statehood Quilt Project on display Tuesday through Dec. 30. Quilts include many blocks from Kenai Peninsula Quilters. For more information, call Laura Forbes at 283-1991.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.
For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai, in conjunction with Mike Morgan, will host Wednesday nights Acoustic Song Circle and Jam Session from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts karaoke Con Queso with Mark Gage and Davey Jones at 8 p.m. to midnight Thursdays; the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m.
* The Hunger Hut at Mile 26.5 of the Kenai Spur Highway host karaoke with Shane and Sarah at 9 p.m. Saturdays.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has music by Dave Unruh and Bob Ramponi from 6:30 to 9:30 Friday and Saturday.
* Vagabond will host Lulu and Trish at 9 p m. Friday and Saturday.
* Veronica's in Old Towne Kenai, will host open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday; and Scot Q. Merry and Bob Ramponi at 6:30 Saturday.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, 11471 Kenai Spur Highway, will host a Christmas tree auction fundraiser with trees decorated by non-profit organizations that will be on display at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center from Monday through Dec. 19. The public can view the exhibit and bid on trees in a silent auction to raise funds for 20 local service groups. The center will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Dec. 18, and the silent auction will close Dec. 19 with a visit from Santa from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, call Laura Forbes at 283-1991.
* Triumvirate Theatre will hold a music concert fundraiser for Ivy Howland on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at its theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. Recommended donation is $10. The concert will feature Jack Will, Sue Biggs, The North Road Rizzo's, Koey Dixon and Mike Morgan.
* Matt Hopper will be at the Triumvirate Theatre in Soldotna w/ Evan Phillips at 8 p.m. Thursday; Dec. 17 at Moosequitos at 9 p.m.; Dec 18 and 19 at Kharacters Bars in Homer at 9 p.m.
* College Heights Baptist Church will put on reenactments of the Nativity scene nightly at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20 through Dec. 23 at the church on Kalifornsky Beach Road.
More than 100 actors will participate in recreating old Bethlehem playing merchants, food vendors, craftsmen, clergy and other citizens.
Attendees will be able to stroll around a wall city and see demonstrations of historic crafts, King Herod's court and see the nightly parade of the three Kings bringing treasures to baby Jesus.
For more information call 260-9363.
* The Performing Arts Society will present jazz and classical music by Paul Sharpe, an internationally known bassist, and Maria Allison, solo pianist. The concert will be at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 7. Tickets are available at the door or at River City Books, North Country Fair, Sweeney's, or Already Read. Admission is $15 general or $10 student.
* World Music for the Kenai in conjunction from the Kenai Peninsula College Multicultural Consortium and Sunday Showcase will host Chris Smither, finger style bluesman at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at Peninsula Grace Auditorium at 44175 Kalifornsky Beach Road. The cost is $25 general admission; $23 for KDLL members; and family/teen discounts are available.
For more information, call 262-6548 or e-mail email@example.com .
Vist SAmithers site at www.chrissmither.com
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434. on going
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information about exhibits and events, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us