North Star United Methodist Church thanks all those who helped get the Thanksgiving food boxes distributed to needy families in Nikiski.
* Nikiski North Star Elementary School donated 500 pounds of food.
* North Peninsula Recreation Center had a canned food drive and donated that food to the Nikiski Food Pantry (about 10 boxes).
* Nikiski Community Services held a Unity Worship Service and donated the offering of $1,300 to the Nikiski Food Pantry (representing the following churches: Nikiski Nazarene, Aurora Heights Assembly of God, North Kenai Chapel, Lighthouse Community Church, 1st Baptist Church of Port Nikiski and North Star United Methodist Church).
* Three Bears delivered food and donated $200 toward the Thanksgiving food boxes.
* Many volunteers pitched in and helped put the food boxes together and were there to distribute boxes to 96 families in Nikiski.
* Charlie's Pizza owners and workers cooked and served a full Thanksgiving meal to several needy families in Nikiski, working in conjunction with the community effort to feed hungry people.
It was great seeing everyone pulling together to make this happen this year! The Nikiski community is awesome!
Laura P. Skiba, Pastor
North Star United Methodist Church, Nikiski
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us