Country Christmas concert slated
The North Kenai Chapel will host Dennis Agajanian and his group at 7 p.m. today at the church at Mile 29 of the Kenai Spur Highway. An offering will be taken. For more information, call Pastor Wayne Coggins at 252-2036.
Evening of Christmas music set to entertain
The Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna will host an evening of Christmas music at 7 p.m. today at the church. Music will be provided by area musicians, soloists, ensembles, the church’s bell choir and the Central Peninsula Youth and Community Orchestra. A cookie reception will follow. The cost of admission is $10 at the door. Children ages 12 and under will be admitted free. Proceeds will be donated to the Kenai Peninsula Orchestra. For more information, call Susie Lee at 260-3210 or Maria Allison at 283-3024.
Christmas cantata set to rejoice
The Peninsula Grace Brethren Church Christmas Cantata performances will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the church. For more information, call 262-6442.
Christmas programs planned
The Apostolic Assembly of Jesus Christ Church Sunday school department will hold the following activities in celebration of the birth of Jesus:
· Birthday party for Jesus at 7 p.m. Wednesday; and
· Praise and worship service at 2 p.m. Dec. 25. Special music selections and the AAJC Choir will perform the cantata “The Way He Came.” A special Christmas message will follow. Transportation is available.
For more information, call 262-9693 or 262-4469.
Christmas Eve services, dessert set
Peninsula Grace will host the following Christmas activities at the church at Mile 19.5 Kalifornsky Beach Road:
· Christmas dessert and choir concert at 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Seating is auditorium style with desserts served during intermission. The choir will present “Come Let Us Adore Him” and other seasonal specials; and
· Christmas Eve services begin at 7 p.m. Services will feature a multi-media choir presentation and singing of Christmas carols. It also will take its annual offering to benefit those in need though the church and Love INC.
There will be no Christmas Day services.
Church to host series of events
The North Star United Methodist Church will host the following Advent and Christmas activities at the church in Nikiski:
· Sunday Children’s Christmas musical at 6 p.m.;
· Dec. 24 Candlelight Christmas Eve services at 7 and 11 p.m.; and
· Dec. 25, Christmas brunch at 10 a.m. and Christmas Day worship at 11 a.m.
Christmas concert to sing praises
The Sterling Baptist Church will hold a free Christmas concert titled “A Silent Holy Night” at 7 p.m. Dec. 23 and 11 a.m. Dec. 25 at the church on the corner of the Sterling Highway and Swanson River Road. Refreshments will follow.
For more information, call Pastor Lex DeLong at 262-4711 or e-mail the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Eve services set
The United Methodist Church of the New Covenant in Kenai will hold a candlelight Christmas Eve service at 7 p.m. The choir will sing under the direction of Cherie Curry and be accompanied by Dorothy Wagoner.
On Christmas Day, services will be at 11 a.m. Pastor Jon Walters will lead the Blessing of the Gifts. Refreshments will follow at the parsonage.
For more information, call 283-7868.
Candlelight services slated
First Baptist Church in Soldotna will hold a Christmas Eve candlelight service at 6:30 p.m. The church also will host a birthday brunch for Jesus at 9:30 a.m. Christmas Day followed by a children’s program at 11 a.m. For more information, call 262-4304.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us